Olivia Culpo has won the title of Miss USA 2012. The contest was held on June 3, 2012. She will represent United States in Miss Universe contest to be held on 22 December 2012. The venue for the pageant still not announced.
Olivia Culpo is a 19 years old sophomore student from Rhode Island. She lists education as her top most priority. She is a daughter of musician parents. She has won the title of Miss Rhode Island to become eligible as Miss USA contestant. However, this time Miss USA contest was held under the shadow of controversy. This time the contest was declared as rigged (in terms of procedure) from various sections of society. But, Culpo managed to shut the mouth with her sheer talent and beauty.
Top 16 finalists of the Miss USA 2012 were as follows
- Miss Rhode Island USA, Olivia Culpo (Winner)
- Miss Maryland USA,Nana Meriwether (First runner-up)
- Miss Ohio Audrey Bolte (Second runner-up)
- Miss Nevada, Jade Kelsall (third runner-up)
- Miss Georgia USA, Jasmyn “Jazz” Wilkins (fourth runner-up)
- Miss Alabama USA, Katherine Webb
- Miss Oklahoma USA, Lauren Lundeen
- Miss Texas USA, Brittany Booker
- Miss Colorado USA, Marybel Gonzalez
- Miss New Jersey USA, Michelle Leonardo
- Miss Tennessee USA, Jessica Hibler
- Miss Michigan USA, Kristin Danyal
- Miss Louisiana USA, Erin Edmiston
- Miss Maine USA, Rani Williamson
- Miss South Carolina USA, Erika Powell
Winner of the Fan Vote: Miss Arkansas USA, Kelsey Dow.
Miss Photogenic USA™ Award: Miss Oregon USA, Alaina Bergsma.
Miss Congeniality USA™ Award: Miss Iowa USA, Rebecca Hodge.
The winner of the Miss USA 2012 got the following as awards.
- Opportunity to represent the USA at the 2012 Miss Universe pageant.
- A custom diamond tiara and jewelry designed by Diamond Nexus Labs.
- Scholarship (including housing) from the New York Film Academy for one year.
- Swimwear wardrobe by Kooey Australia.
- Eveningwear by Sherri Hill.
- Shoe wardrobe from Chinese Laundry.
- Hair care products and tools from Farouk Systems for one year.
- High fashion bracelets assortment made in Rwanda by women of the Same Sky Trade Initiative.
- Make-up products from Rain Cosmetics for one year.
- Sun care products from Australian Gold for one year.
- luxury accommodations with living expenses for the duration of her reign in New York City apartment.
- A year-long salary as Miss USA.
- Membership to Gravity Fitness and hair services from John Barrett Salon.
- Free modeling portfolio by leading fashion photographer Fadil Berisha
- Dermatology and skincare services provided by Dr. Cheryl Thellman-Karcher
- Free health and nutrition consultation by Tanya Zuckerbrot, MS, RD.
- Free dental services by Dr. Jan Linhart, D. D. S.
- One year consultation with Miss Universe Organization’s Official Fashion Consultant, Alisha Crutchfield.
- Professional media/public relations training and representation by Rubenstein Public Relations in New York City.
- Access to different New York City events including movie premiers and screenings, Broadway shows and launch parties.
- Travel opportunities to represent sponsors and charitable partners.
My best wishes are with her for coming Miss Universe 2012 pageant.
Official website of Miss USA: http://www.missuniverse.com/missusa/
Miss USA 2012 Olivia Culpo Photo Gallery
Click to enlarge pictures
Miss USA 2012 Olivia Culpo Video Gallery
Sandy Sah is a highly qualified blogger. He owns many blogs on variety of topics. He has expertise in the health, education and entertainment field. This site is owned by him. He did his doctorate in health sciences. He also accepts request for guest blogging.