Birth Name: Antonia Edvige Albina Maino
Profile id: Politician from India
Born on: 9 December 1946
Where: Lusiana, Veneto, Italy
Spouse: Rajiv Gandhi (1969–1991)
Children: 2, Rahul Gandhi (son born in 1970) and Priyanka Vadra (daughter born in 1972)
Parents: Stefano and Paola Maino in Contrada Màini
- She is an Italian-born Indian politician.
- She is the President of the Indian National Congress.
- She is the widow of former Prime Minister of India, Rajiv Gandhi.
- She joined politics in 1997.
- She was elected as the leader of congress in 1998. Since then she is the President of the Indian National Congress Party.
- Since 2004 she is the Chairperson of the ruling United Progressive Alliance in the Lok Sabha.
- She is the logest serving president of Congress party in its 125-year history (elected 4 times).
- After independence, she is the only politician with foreign origin in Congress party. There were four more foreign origin leaders in congress party before India’s independence in 1947.
- Her mother and two sisters still live around Orbassano.
- She met Rajiv Gandhi in 1965 (who was enrolled in Trinity College at the University of Cambridge) at a Greek Resturant while working there as a waitress.
- She got married with Rajiv Gandhi in 1968.
- She is a practicing Christian.
For More information (may not be official sites)
Website: http://www.aicc.org.in/new, http://www.soniaindia.com/
Facebook Page: http://www.facebook.com/Smt.SoniaGandhi
Sandy Sah is a highly qualified blogger. He owns many blogs on variety of topics. He has expertise in the health, education and entertainment field. This site is owned by him. He did his doctorate in health sciences. He also accepts request for guest blogging.