How to become a fashion model? This is the main question for those who want to join in the fashion industry with the passion of modeling. Fashion world is charming, glittering and swanky and can easily drag anyone off the feet with the sparkles the fashion abode flaunts to the outer world.
Well, the prerequisite for becoming a fashion model include long legs, sparkling teeth, natural comfort before the camera lens and fewer characteristics the modeling agencies look into the models. The renowned authors who pen in the stuff on the tips of becoming the fashion models always reveal the requirements as good heights (ideal is 5 feet and 9 inches), clean skin without any pimples and a well toned smart body structure. These are the key requirements for becoming a fashion model. There are others as well but if you possess these, you may join in the fashion modeling career with ease and conviction.
- Zero in your modeling ambitions and then make the selection of any one industry from the world of fashion like commercial, plus size or high end. Go through the criteria they require.
- Design your road map for the aim you have set in the fashion modeling. Check out the guidelines and then scribble down the steps required for overcoming the barriers in your way. Like draw the diet program for yourself and make the exercise’s schedule to ton your body as per the size requirements.
- Make your list of contacts in the fashion world by attending the fashion shows and meeting up with the people concerned.
- By the time you have obtained the ideal height, weight and image, there is no need then to waste money on the head shots.
- Work on your posing before the camera.
- Note down your weaknesses and strengths and then overcome the weaknesses to make the career soothing.
- Do attend the modeling workshops.
- Make a powerful portfolio to present to get the works.
Goher Iqbal Punn
Goher Iqbal Punn is a regular author for Fashion Blog.The writer is a famed entertainment and fashion analyst. A renowned Bollywood & Hollywood Analyst, he possesses more than 12 years of showbiz and fashion journalism experience working with the giants of media. He shares a good rapport with the celebs of the entertainment industry.